Skin Disorder Rosacea:
Causes of Rosacea:
1. Disorder of the blood vessels that causes them to swell, leading to flushing.
2. A genetic predisposition combined with certain environmental factors that may irritate the skin.
3. The bacteria Helicobacter pylori (that is associated with stomach ulcers) and medications like vasodilators (that cause blood vessels to widen) have also been thought possibly to bring out rosacea.
4. A mite sometimes found in hair follicles may play a role in the development of rosacea.
1. Inflammation of the skin of the face, particularly the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
2. Redness or inflammation, which come and goes.
3. Enlarged blood vessels and pimples become visible.
4. Watery or irritated eyes.
1. Untreated rosacea can cause a disfiguring nose condition leading to growth on nose.
2. Burning and grittiness of the eyes (conjunctivitis) is usually present. If this is not treated, a serious complication that can damage the cornea and vision.
Treatment: Seek help of a Dermatologist.
Treatment plan suggested by dermatologist will be similar to listed below:
1. Antibiotics such as Tetracycline are given.
2. Tropical cream (cream to be applied on skin) containing Metronidazole should be applied.
3. Corticosteroid Ointment to be applied regularly till symptoms subsides.
4. Tretinoin cream is also applied.
1. Smoking, spicy food, hot beverages and alcoholic drinks to be avoided. They can cause flushing.
2. Exposure to sunlight and to extreme hot and cold temperatures should be avoided as far as possible.
3. Potent cortisone medications on the face should be avoided because they can promote widening of the tiny blood vessels of the face.
4. Facial products such as soap, moisturizers and sunscreens should be free of alcohol.
5. Do not touch and rub face.
6. When going outdoors, sunscreens with an SPF of 15 or higher are needed.
Canine skin disorder:
Equine skin disorder:
the equine skin disorder. As you start on to smooth it down, you feel a radiating heat and your horse flinches from your contact. As a result of this, by the next day, sensitive, tight scabs have appeared where the rain was intense on his back and...
Fingertip skin disorders:
Skin problems at your fingertips?? Fingertips are known to be very sensitive.Over time, and due to some environmental conditions, we do find the skin on our fingertips affected. Some of the fingertip problems commonly reported are: ...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Milia Skin Disorder
trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. Milia are common in newborn infants and appear as pearly white bumps, most commonly across the upper cheeks, nose, and chin. They are also commonly seen on the faces of adults or in areas...
Rare Skin Disorder -
Introduction - A rare skin disorder is one which is very unusual and are caused due to unusual factors which cannot be easily identifiable. These disorders occur as a result of some rare allergy or problem causing factors acting on the skin. ...
Shingles skin disorder:
The Shingles is an infection caused by the virus that causes chickenpox vermicelli-zoster. One or more nerves and the skin over them are pretentious. Normally, the disorder causes a painful blistering rash, usually limited to one part of the body....
Skin Cancer Mole Biopsy Disorder -
A mole is a marking on the skin, a spot of darkened pigment on the skin and is genetically determined in many cases. Most of the people have various number of moles of different sizes and at different locations. They can be flat or raised, smooth or...
Skin Disorder Hives -
Introduction - Skin can be called the mirror of one's health as it shows how a person's general health condition is. The health of the body always reflects on the skin. The skin, being a sensitive part of the body can be prone to allergies and...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|