Skin Disorder Rosacea:
Causes of Rosacea:
1. Disorder of the blood vessels that causes them to swell, leading to flushing.
2. A genetic predisposition combined with certain environmental factors that may irritate the skin.
3. The bacteria Helicobacter pylori (that is associated with stomach ulcers) and medications like vasodilators (that cause blood vessels to widen) have also been thought possibly to bring out rosacea.
4. A mite sometimes found in hair follicles may play a role in the development of rosacea.
1. Inflammation of the skin of the face, particularly the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.
2. Redness or inflammation, which come and goes.
3. Enlarged blood vessels and pimples become visible.
4. Watery or irritated eyes.
1. Untreated rosacea can cause a disfiguring nose condition leading to growth on nose.
2. Burning and grittiness of the eyes (conjunctivitis) is usually present. If this is not treated, a serious complication that can damage the cornea and vision.
Treatment: Seek help of a Dermatologist.
Treatment plan suggested by dermatologist will be similar to listed below:
1. Antibiotics such as Tetracycline are given.
2. Tropical cream (cream to be applied on skin) containing Metronidazole should be applied.
3. Corticosteroid Ointment to be applied regularly till symptoms subsides.
4. Tretinoin cream is also applied.
1. Smoking, spicy food, hot beverages and alcoholic drinks to be avoided. They can cause flushing.
2. Exposure to sunlight and to extreme hot and cold temperatures should be avoided as far as possible.
3. Potent cortisone medications on the face should be avoided because they can promote widening of the tiny blood vessels of the face.
4. Facial products such as soap, moisturizers and sunscreens should be free of alcohol.
5. Do not touch and rub face.
6. When going outdoors, sunscreens with an SPF of 15 or higher are needed.
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Eczema skin disorder
Eczema skin disorder is a form of dermatitis, a skin exasperation characterized by red, flaky skin, sometimes with cracks or tiny blisters. These blisters possibly will also look like bubbles just underneath the surface of the skin. It can be...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Milia Skin Disorder
trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. Milia are common in newborn infants and appear as pearly white bumps, most commonly across the upper cheeks, nose, and chin. They are also commonly seen on the faces of adults or in areas...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Rare Skin Disorder -
Introduction - A rare skin disorder is one which is very unusual and are caused due to unusual factors which cannot be easily identifiable. These disorders occur as a result of some rare allergy or problem causing factors acting on the skin. ...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
Skin picking disorder:
other names: dermatillomania, chronic skin picking, neurotic excoriation, and acne excoriee. Damage from Compulsive skin picking is the common on the face, back, scalp, and extremities, usually caused by a mixture of rubbing, scratching, picking and...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|