Skin Disorder Hives -
Skin can be called the mirror of one's health as it shows how a person's general health condition is. The health of the body always reflects on the skin. The skin, being a sensitive part of the body can be prone to allergies and disorders when foreign substances come in contact with skin or body, and the immune system responds in different ways.
Hives or Urticaria is one such allergic reaction.
About Urticaria and its symptoms -
It is a smooth, flat red eruption with white centre called Hives. It causes itching, burning and stinging sensations anywhere on the body and appears, disappears and reappears suddenly, without leaving any trace. Histamine, a primary chemical mediator (caused due to antigen and antibody reaction in the body) act on the upper layers of the skin, as a result of which Hives occur.
Acuteness of the problem causes due to direct exposure to sunlight or cold, metal pollens, plants chemicals, oils cream, scratching, pressure, aggravation on the nerves, physical exertion, certain foods like crab, oyster, tomato, lime, drugs like aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers.
1. Depending on what causes it, urticaria may be of these types -
2. Heat Urticaria - allergy caused due to heat.
3. Papular Urticaria - allergy caused due to mites or flies.
4. Solar Urticaria - allergy caused due to heat.
5. Cold Urticaria - allergy caused due to cold.
6. Pressure Urticaria - allergy caused due to tight dresses.
Other types are -
1. Acute Urticaria - allergy caused due to exposure to pets, rubber, certain foods like fish, eggs and dairy products, insects stings. Certain medications like antibiotics, blood pressure pills or pain killers, viral infections such as glandular fever, Hepatitis B, bacteria, fungal or parasitic infections may also be the cause. Itchy blotches (called Papular Urticaria) usually seen in children are caused due to fleas or mosquito bites.
2. Chronic Urticaria - Not easily identifiable, it is caused by auto-antibodies that attack the cells in the skin and tissues releasing large amounts of histamine. Exposure to environmental heat, intense cold, sunlight, vibration or pressure on the skin (due to tight clothing), certain medications like blood pressure pills, parasitic infections, and certain food items like wheat, celery and shell fish are also some of the causes. Stress is said to aggravate Urticaria.
Treatment / Solution to the problem -
Treatment involves avoiding stimulus, desensitization and stress management. Anti-histamines and nerve inhibitors used to control allergy in allopathy is temporary and is usually effective only for 12-36 hours. Homeopathy provides relief without side effects, through a natural way helping the body to support its own healing process.
African American skin disorder:
Canine skin disorder:
an 'allergen', such as dust mites or pollen. Most of the dogs tend to show their allergic signs between 1 and 3 years of age. Due to the, Several breeds, including golden retrievers, most terriers, Irish setters, Lhasa apsos, Dalmatians, bulldogs...
Child skin disorder:
Skin disorders in childhood are universal and the dominance of conditions, such as atopic eczema, is greater than ever. The majority of childhood skin disorder is diagnosed by wide ranging practitioners who will refer the additional easier said than...
Equine skin disorder:
the equine skin disorder. As you start on to smooth it down, you feel a radiating heat and your horse flinches from your contact. As a result of this, by the next day, sensitive, tight scabs have appeared where the rain was intense on his back and...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Milia Skin Disorder
trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth. Milia are common in newborn infants and appear as pearly white bumps, most commonly across the upper cheeks, nose, and chin. They are also commonly seen on the faces of adults or in areas...
Pleva skin disorder
red spots which may develop into blisters or open sores.These will heal on their own in some weeks and recur again also, possibly. Pityriasis lichenoides is the name given to an uncommon rash of unknown cause. Its mild form is known as "pityriasis...
Scabies skin disorder:
people with scabies are just as clean and hygienic as anybody else. Dirt has nothing to do with it. The Scabies refers to an infestation by the itch mite, Sarcoptes scabies. Mites are little 8-legged beasties (in contrast to insects, which have 6...
Skin Cancer Mole Biopsy Disorder -
A mole is a marking on the skin, a spot of darkened pigment on the skin and is genetically determined in many cases. Most of the people have various number of moles of different sizes and at different locations. They can be flat or raised, smooth or...
Skin disorder medicine:
The largest organ in the body, the skin is the first line of defense against dirt, germs and other foreign items. Fortunately, it is also most unnatural by sun damage. The most skin disorders, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis, display symptoms on...
Skin picking disorder:
other names: dermatillomania, chronic skin picking, neurotic excoriation, and acne excoriee. Damage from Compulsive skin picking is the common on the face, back, scalp, and extremities, usually caused by a mixture of rubbing, scratching, picking and...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|