Milia Skin Disorder
Why does it occur?
Common myth is that it occurs because skin is not kept clean. But cleanliness is not the problem it is the skin's ability to exfoliate. The common causes are
1. Abundant use of skin care product: Comedogenic creams and lotions may prevent the sloughing of dead epidermal skin cells. Sunscreens, Lotions, eye makeup, makeup remover may cause milia.
2. Exposure to Sun: History of spending long hours in skin can cause early aging of skin. Aging skin forms a thicker epidermis; thicker skin also makes for more road blocks in the pathway to exfoliation.
3. Skin disorder: Certain skin diseases can stimulate milia formation. One of such skin condition is Porphyria (formation of blisters on skin).
4. Genetics: It is a inherited disorder.
5. Improper Handling: In children irritation of the skin by rough sheets or clothing may cause mild reddening around the bump, but the central portion remains white.
Prevention: There is no known prevention. Exfoliation seems to be the key.
What can be done?
1. Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation can help. Use gentle peel offs containing alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) or Beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid). For better results use it once a week.
2. Masks: Use clay mask once a week to keep skin pores open.
3. Microdermabrasion: If home treatments above mentioned do not help. Dermatologist can remove outer dermis with the help of chemicals. This can be a rapid method of removing white heads.
Mango Skin Disorder:
Dog Skin Disorder: He's the one who protects your home. Keep him healthy and safe
Dog-Skin disorders are one of the most difficult things to deal with. They are mostly related to the immune system. The indications for a skin disorder are ringworms, hair loss, and itchy scalp or dry dog skin. Allergens include pollens, dust,...
Facial Skin Disorder - Face Off
Skin diseases can affect the skin of any body part anytime due to any reason. Skin diseases arise due to various reasons - hereditary, exposure to some particular substance or plants or due to ant other reason. Getting the disease on the face can be...
Foot Skin Disorder:
Feet are in constant work. They need rest and proper care. Usually they are the most neglected part of the body. There are two common of foot problem one is due to fungal infection and one is due to improper fit of shoes, which are described in...
Mango Skin Disorder:
1. When mango is in bloom can cause people to suffer from itching around the eyes, facial swelling and respiratory difficulty, even though there is no airborne pollen. Pollens are too large to be air borne. The irritant is probably the vaporized...
Skin Cancer Mole Biopsy Disorder -
A mole is a marking on the skin, a spot of darkened pigment on the skin and is genetically determined in many cases. Most of the people have various number of moles of different sizes and at different locations. They can be flat or raised, smooth or...
Skin Disorder Hives -
Introduction - Skin can be called the mirror of one's health as it shows how a person's general health condition is. The health of the body always reflects on the skin. The skin, being a sensitive part of the body can be prone to allergies and...
Skin disorder medicine:
The largest organ in the body, the skin is the first line of defense against dirt, germs and other foreign items. Fortunately, it is also most unnatural by sun damage. The most skin disorders, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis, display symptoms on...
Skin disorder vitiligo:
specific cells that are supposed to produce pigments that give the natural colour to the skin. Destruction of these cells causes Vitiligo. The hair that grows in areas affected by vitiligo usually turns white. Typical of skin ailments, causes of...
One of the mainly vulnerable organs of the body includes the skin. Despite the fact that seldom life threatening, skin disorders can be painful and may cause chronic disabilities. Additionally, because the skin is so visible, skin disorders can lead...
Skin picking disorder:
other names: dermatillomania, chronic skin picking, neurotic excoriation, and acne excoriee. Damage from Compulsive skin picking is the common on the face, back, scalp, and extremities, usually caused by a mixture of rubbing, scratching, picking and...
|© skin-disorder.tdrbizl.com 2006|